Experience Fishing – Housekeeping Cottages w/ Bear’s Den Lodge
Would you like to learn to fish? Join in on the Experience Fishing French River program.
Starting at $550/person for 3 nights
Book Now on the French River Resorts Association website!
Our French River cottages are comfortable and fully equipped for those who enjoy preparing their own meals. Vacation at your own pace–your housekeeping cottage is supplied with essential kitchen supplies and utensils so you can self-cater and enjoy the freedom of the Canadian wilderness! Bedrooms are carpeted with electric heat to stay cozy for the cooler days of spring or fall. Bring your own food, personal & dish towels, and toiletries. All fishing gear and tackle will be provided.
Before you set out on your Northern experience in the French River Provincial Park, make sure to grab your camera!
Guests 18 years of age or older are required to purchase a fishing license from the Province of Ontario.
Your stay includes:
- A one, two or three bedroom cottage
- Equipped kitchen – stove, microwave & fridge
- Use of fishing equipment & tackle
- Motor boat rental with supplied gas
- French River map
- 1 hour of dry land learning from expert outfitters including fish identification and anatomy, preparing and casting a fishing rod, proper fish handling, water and fishing safety, Ontario fishing regulations, and French River slot limits
- 1 hour of fishing time
- Prepare a shore lunch
- Promotional fishing licenses for youth (adults 18+ please pre-purchase HERE)
- Boat-side checklist & operation of boat equipment
- Recreational activities such as hiking, swimming, pool table, wildlife viewing, stargazing, etc.
- 1 Bedroom Housekeeping Cottage, Experience Fishing programming, fishing gear, boat, motor, gas for 3 days/3 nights = $1095.00 +tax for 2 people
- 2 Bedroom Housekeeping Cottage, Experience Fishing programming, fishing gear, boat, motor, gas for 3 days/3 nights = $1445.00 +tax for 3 people
- 3 Bedroom Housekeeping Cottage, Experience Fishing programming, fishing gear, boat, motor, gas for 3 days/3 nights = $2145.00 +tax for 5 people
- Additional guests $350.00 tax
- American Plan Meal Package Option is Available
About French River Resorts Association
The French River is one of Canada’s finest vacation areas offering fishermen and outdoor enthusiasts a variety of accommodation facilities in a truly historical setting. The French River is located approximately 320 km (200 miles) North of Toronto. From Lake Nipissing on a westerly route to Georgian Bay…