Northeastern Ontario Tourism (NeONT), is currently seeking dedicated individuals interested in serving on its volunteer Board of Directors.
NeONT is a not-for-profit organization established in 2012, is committed to building partnerships, increasing awareness, and developing a strong tourism industry for the Northeastern Ontario area.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by emailing their nomination letters and a resume to [email protected] on, or before Friday, September 3 at 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
BOARD OF DIRECTORS – NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE
The NeONT Board of Directors Nominations Committee is in the process of nominating:
- Board Members
The Nominations Committee seeks individuals who are involved in the tourism industry in Northeastern Ontario and have demonstrated innovation and success. The Committee is also looking for skilled individuals to help diversify the strengths of the current board and to help NeONT grow and expand its tourism opportunities.
Relevant experience in tourism product development, workforce development, investment attraction, or marketing is an asset.
The Nominations Committee will review all application received and recommend a slate of candidates for the Board of Directors to elect at the spring meeting.
QUALIFICATIONS TO SERVE ON THE BOARD
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- Not be an un-discharged bankrupt nor mentally incompetent person;
- Shall be a resident of Northeastern Ontario.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in the tourism industry;
- Demonstrate leadership in current position;
- Have the ability to formulate and implement strategic plans;
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate and make verbal presentations;
- Strong stakeholder relations with municipalities and industry.
GENERAL ROLE OF A BOARD
The Board of Directors is the governing body of the organization, and deliberates and acts only by consensus during a properly called and noticed meeting with a quorum present.
The Board consists of Officers (Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary) and Directors to a total of 10 Members, and the Executive Director of Northeastern Ontario Tourism. The terms of office of Board Members upon election is one (1) or two (2) years and shall hold office for as long as they are willing and qualified to serve at the will of the Board and in accordance with the Constitution and By-Laws of the organization in their present context or as they may be amended from time to time.
A Board Member is responsible to represent the industry of Northeastern Ontario and the role requires the Member to be accountable for the following duties:
- Meeting Participation – The Board Member is expected to participate in all meetings of the Board, including conference calls and face-to-face meetings. There are about four to six meetings per year, which are on average two hours long.
- Committee Participation – The Board Member is also expected to actively participate in one or more committee, if applicable.
- Be Informed – The Board Member must be informed about the affairs of NeONT to properly perform their duty to act in its best interest. The expectation is the Member prepares for each meeting by reviewing all material provided with the meeting agenda and is expected to listen to, empathize with, and share the needs of the industry and stakeholders.
- Commitment – The Board Member commits to participate in all Board meetings, and attendance is expected at the Annual General Meeting, strategic planning sessions, and the Board retreat.
- Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality – The Board Member shall not participate in any NeONT decision when the Board Member has a material financial interest in the transaction in question without first informing the Board of the interest and following proper procedures.