Call for Nominations to the NeONT Board of Directors 2018-20
Northeastern Ontario Tourism (NeONT), a non-profit organization established in 2012, increases the capacity of regional tourism businesses in the region to market effectively. NeONT is seeking individuals interested in serving on the Board of Directors.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by emailing their nomination letters and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on, or before Wednesday, September 21st at 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
A Nominations Committee will review all nominations and recommend a slate of candidates for the Board of Directors to elect at a meeting immediately following the 2018 Annual General Meeting scheduled for October 18-19th, 2018 in Temagami.
NeONT NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE
The NeONT Nominations Committee is in the process of nominating:
- Four (4) board members for the 2018-20 term of office
NeONT NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE GUIDELINES
The purpose of the Nominations Committee is to select candidates from the Canadian Sport Tourism industry to fill open positions on the NeONT Board of Directors.
The Nominations Committee will be composed of members and will use the following process:
- Posting of Open Positions – The positions will be posted on the NeONT web site immediately and will close Friday, September 21stat 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).
- Diversity of Nominations – The Committee seeks individuals who are involved in the tourism industry in Northeastern Ontario of candidates from a variety of industry sectors to ensure diversity among member applicants as well as the organizations they represent.
- Final List of Candidates – The Committee will recommend a final slate of candidates to the Board. The Nominations Chair will review the process and nominees and ask for approval to proceed to Board membership appointments.
- Notification – All applicants will be notified of their status prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- Announcement of the new Board Members – At the next Annual General Meeting in Temagami, Ontario in October, 18-19th The Board will be announced to the industry.
- Term – The term commences at the adjournment of the 2017 Annual General Meeting.
GENERAL ROLE OF A BOARD
The Board consists of Officers (Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary), six other Directors and the Executive Director. The Officers constitute the Executive Committee. The term of Board Members is two (2) years with options to remain up to six years. The Board is the governing body of the NeONT. The Board deliberates and acts only by consensus during a properly called and noticed meeting with a quorum present.
A Board Member is responsible to represent the membership of the NeONT. The role requires the Board Member to be accountable for the following duties:
- Meeting Participation – The Board Member is expected to participate in all meetings of the Board including conference calls and face-to-face meetings.
- Committee Participation – The Board Member is also expected to actively participate in one or more NeONT Committees, as amended from time to time.
- Be Informed – The Board Member must be informed about the affairs of NeONT to properly perform their duty to act in the best interest in NeONT. The expectation is the Board Member prepares for each Board conference call or meeting by reviewing all material provided with the meeting agenda. The Board Member is also expected to listen to, empathize with and share the needs of the membership.
- Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality – The Board Member shall not participate in any NeONT decision when the Board Member has a material financial interest in the transaction in question without first informing the Board of the interest and following proper procedures.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in tourism operations
- Demonstrate leadership in current position
- Have the ability to formulate and implement strategic plans
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate and make verbal presentations
- Strong stakeholder relations with municipalities, NGO’s and government