Calling All Northern Ontario Lodges!
To help support Resource-Based Tourism operators, Fish ‘N Canada has developed the “Great Ontario Get-Away Give-Away” contest in partnership with Destination Northern Ontario (DNO), Destination Ontario, Nature and Outdoor Tourism Ontario (NOTO), Sunset Country, Superior Country, Algoma Country, and Northeastern Ontario Tourism. Through this contest, we hope to increase awareness of the outdoor products that are offered in the North and encourage more domestic bookings at our lodges.
We are looking for a number of trips that showcase the variety of vacation types/styles in Northern Ontario through our camps, lodges, resorts and outposts.
It is important to note that tourism operators will not be donating these trips but will be paid in full for the package that they provide, if it is awarded through this contest. There will be 5 monthly winners (top 5 vote getters and 5 randomly selected lodges), over the course of 5 months (April 2021 – August 2021). Trip winners will be able to take their trips in 2021 or 2022.
It is preferred that trips are all-inclusive packages. That is not to say that housekeeping packages are not eligible. All-inclusive in this instance means that it includes the full range of services and amenities an individual tourism business can provide, for two individuals (the winner and their +1).
Here are the criteria that businesses must meet in order to qualify:
- Must be located in Northern Ontario (RTO 13).
- Must confirm that they are implementing COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols as required by the Ontario Government.
- Must have successfully applied for the SafeTravel Stamp (view application).
- Must be a Resource-Based Tourism business (lodge, camp, resort, outfitter that offers fishing, hunting, and/or other outdoor experiences).
- Must provide the highest quality package available at their business (i.e., accommodations, housekeeping or American plan, rentals, fishing guide, etc.). Duration of trips may vary based on packages: 3-nights, 4-days for American plan/fly-ins, 7 days for housekeeping plans. Awarded trips will be for 2 individuals (winner and their +1).
- Price must be listed in Canadian Dollars.
- Must provide a 200-word story about your business (history, milestones, products, services, etc.).
Operators are encouraged to create special offers for Fish ‘N Canada members during this contest (this is not mandatory to participate). With all the traffic that will be generated through this promotion, we anticipate that some individuals will want to book trips outside of the contest.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a possibility that not all trips will be awarded. All participating operators will be given free advertising opportunities through Fish ‘N Canada’s platform over the course of this contest. All winning lodges will be selected via random draw. Awarded trips must be fulfilled in 2021 or 2022. For more information, please view contest details.
To participate, please complete the form by clicking on the button below and send completed forms to Kate at NOTO (firstname.lastname@example.org). All successful lodges will be contacted by the NOTO office and will be put into the draw. If you have any questions, please contact Destination Northern Ontario or NOTO staff.
FAQ’s About the Contest
A. Yes. We do apologize for this mistake. We acknowledge that the original form had a character limit that did not allow operators to submit a 200 word story. The NOTO staff have fixed this issue in the form linked above. If you have already submitted your application and wish to send in a longer story, please feel free to do so in a separate document. For qualifying lodges, these stories will be used on your business page on the contest website.