We love travel media in Northeastern Ontario, and with a region as diverse as ours, we’ll never run out of stories to tell and journeys to experience.
Work With Us
If you’re interested in writing, filming, or photographing in Northeastern Ontario for your publication, please get in touch with us at [email protected]
If you’d like to write for the Travel Blog or the Northern Portal, we’d love to hear your pitch! We’re interested in reviewing feature stories, vlogs, photo essays, interviews, listicles, how-tos, as well as regional and business profiles. Please include a 250 word summary of your concept, links to similar content examples, your media kit, and links to your social media channels.
Click here for our Freelance Writer Guidelines.
What We’re All About
Our marketing efforts are divided into four strategic categories or “pillars.”
- Nature & Adventure
- Hiking, biking, paddling, camping, etc.
- Skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and dogsledding.
- Fishing & Hunting
- Recreational sport fishing; ice fishing; fly fishing; fly-in fishing & remote outposts.
- Trapline tours; small game, moose, bear, and deer hunting.
- Touring & Motorsports
- Auto & RV Touring
- Snowmobile, motorcycle, and ATV touring
- Communities, Urban Attractions, & Culture
- Festivals and special events
- Group of Seven, indigenous cultural experiences, and francophone cultural experiences
- Check out our Event Calendar for some of Northeastern Ontario’s biggest events!